Aspiring and Inspiring Respiratory Researchers
Generating research questions - Using primary care databases - Translating ideas into protocols - Implementation science
Are you involved in respiratory research, or interested in doing some research in future? If so, this pre-conference workshop for you! Calling all clinical and non-clinical researchers, whether you’re completely inexperienced or a seasoned researcher…
With an innovative programme full of practical advice and support by experts in primary care respiratory research this workshop is ideal for networking and learning how to turn your ideas into structured research projects suitable for publication in scientific journals, whatever the scale of your funding and resources. This year there will be a particular focus on use of primary care databases and implementation science. Structured networking will give you the opportunity to meet with some of the leaders in primary care respiratory research in the UK: including Professor Patrick White, Professor Hilary Pinnock, Professor Kamran Siddiqi, and Dr Rachel Jordan. There will also be plenty of time for meeting with your peers so that you can share information about your own research plans, hear about their projects and glean ideas and tips to help with the challenges of research in primary care.
The workshop is designed for:
- People starting out on a career in research (PhD students, academic clinical fellows, early career researchers) as well a those wondering if research would be a good career move them.
- Clinicians involved in research, or who would like to be involved in research
- Existing or experienced researchers wanting to develop links with others engaged in respiratory research in the UK or find out about a new research method
- Anyone with innovative work they would like to publish or develop.
- You do not need be an expert researcher (yet!) - but enthusiasm is essential!
You do not need be an expert researcher (yet!) - but enthusiasm is essential!
The workshop is FREE of charge.
Click HERE to download the your copy of the programme
Click HERE to register for the workshop
If you are new to PCRS-UK, involved in respiratory research and attending both the research workshop and national primary care conference for the first time you may be eligible to apply for a limited accommodation offer to cover accommodation on Thursday 28th September 2017. If you are interested in this special offer please contact us HERE